Tooth decay has become quite common these days as people have become busier in their lives and they do not get time to assess the current situation of their mouths and teeth of course.
This basically includes the destruction or decay of the tooth structure and this starts from affecting the outer layer then enamel and then attacks the roots of the teeth.
Effect of carbohydrates:
When consumption of carbohydrates increases, the risk of tooth decay increases due to the fact that they act as a catalyst for the tooth decay. These foods contain sugar, breadfruits, soda etc. Initially, they can cause cavity which leads to tooth decay.
What must you do to prevent tooth decay?
- You must use a good quality toothbrush that possesses the tendency to reach all the sides of the mouth.
- You must brush your teeth at least twice every day.
- Toothpaste plays an important role in keeping your teeth safe and protected from cavity and decay. High-quality fluoride toothpaste can be beneficial in this regard.
- Brushing your teeth after every meal and before sleeping is recommended.
- Flossing is also important and this can be done by using dental floss. This can be done at any time of the day before or after the meal. This helps in getting rid of the food particles that are stuck in the teeth.
- Mouthwash is a must in such case as rinsing your mouth with a fluoride mouthwash is essential. You can also use mouthwash with antiseptics as it will help in controlling the bacteria.
- Nutrition is essential therefore it is recommended to have balanced diet as it will help in controlling bacteria. Avoid eating junk food, pizzas, chips etc.
- In case if you have cavity already, you must get in touch with your dentist to have supplement fluoride. This will help in strengthening your teeth and avoiding any further damage. Using any supplements to deal with it can also solve other mouths related issue.
- In case if you have several issues and you do not have enough time, you can consult your dentist regarding having plastic layering over your teeth. This will act as a protector and will prevent any further decay.
- You must start taking fluoridated water and this is recommended for young children as this will protect their teeth from decay.
- Cleaning is essential and for this purpose, you must plan regular visits to your dentist. Oral exams are helpful in this regard.